Continuing role in FUDCon

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 18:59:50 UTC 2010

Hi FUDCon Tempe folks,

I wanted to point you to a post I made yesterday regarding the kinds
of things I'm working on these days:

http://paul.frields.org/?p=3416

I wanted to drop a short note to the list as promised to talka bit
about my FUDCon involvement over the next several months, especially
as it pertains to FUDCon Tempe.  Our "street team" including Robyn,
Ryan, Steven, and Clint have done a fantastic job helping keep our
preparation timely and effective.  I'm really happy the Trac has
helped us all keep tuned in to what's going on and what remains to be
done.

My plan is to continue assisting with FUDCon Tempe up through the
actual event, including follow-up work like making sure bills are
accounted for an paid.  Following the release of Fedora 14 I may be
asking Jared to help chair more of the meetings and help manage the
Trac queue.

I am trying to concentrate my efforts on critical-path tasks for
FUDCon, including where a Red Hat credit card is required. :-)  For
other tasks, such as securing outside sponsorships, I'm encouraging
planning group to:

* Push initiatives forward they think are important for the event
* Keep the group informed through this list and the Trac
* Collaborate using our community tools like the wiki wherever
  possible
* Not block on me personally unless they need something paid or (for
  whatever reason) some official blessing

For upcoming FUDCon events in other geos, like the upcoming FUDCon
LATAM, I'll make sure Jared and other appropriate stakeholders such as
the Red Hat Community Architecture team (which provides the lion's
share of funding) are set up with some sort of general schedule to
keep those events moving forward.

To make those events successful their organizing teams need to be
committed to transparent communication -- much like the Tempe event.
I know they'll step up to the plate and do a fantastic job!