Tempe - Rounding up hotel shuttle information.

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 21:24:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 05:52:43PM -0200, Igor Pires Soares wrote:
> Em Ter, 2011-01-04 às 13:18 -0700, Robyn Bergeron escreveu:
> > I wanted to make sure that we had the appropriate information about
> > shuttle transportation available to people so that they'd know what to
> > do when they get to Tempe.
> >
> > I currently have the information for the hotel shuttle for the Sheraton
> > - which is basically:
> >
> > * Call the hotel upon arrival (480-968-3451) for pickup at one of the
> > "Hotel Shuttle" stops outside the airport terminals.
> > * They will come get you.
>
> We also need specific information about shuttle transportation for
> international visitors, since most of them won't be able to call the
> hotel upon arrival. We might need to schedule the shuttle by forehand.

Hi Igor,

That information's on the wiki currently, and also at the hotel web
site itself.  I confirmed with the hotel that people can call in
advance if needed.  The shuttle is a 10-passenger van and might need
to make two trips for a large group.

There are essentially three options for people:

* Airport shuttle, using the methods described above

* Light rail, using the information found on the wiki

* Taxi (probably a lot more expensive)

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Tempe_2011#Transportation