Opening session for Tempe: 0900-1030?

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 14:41:47 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Max Spevack <mspevack at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2011, Jared K. Smith wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 7:40 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The last I heard, it was going to happen at FUDPub rather than trying
>>> to wrangle everyone to walk back to ART at the end of Saturday's
>>> sessions, which seems like it would be difficult.
>>>
>>> Jared, is that correct?
>>
>> That's my understanding.  I don't know how conducive Sparky's Den will
>> be to giving a speech, but I'm happy to do it wherever.
>
> Whether or not this is a good or bad idea depends entirely on what you
> want the duration, and the content, of your talk to be.

I don't know if it's as much of a good/bad idea situation as it is a
"we have to make the best of what we've got" situation.

The room in ART that would be able to contain everyone is good till
5pm, which really isn't all that great for us, schedule-wise.

Ryan and I are trying to square a few things away with the folks in
Sparky's Den, including things like "Do you have a PA system /
microphone / anything handy for talking."

But, if we think this is a Really Bad Unproductive Idea, we should
think about rearranging the schedule a bit.