Progress on the bid of FUDCon China

Gerard Braad gbraad at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 21 12:57:42 UTC 2011

Hi Grace,

I also use this email, but it is less often read. Please include the
images. If you need help, just send me the relevant pictures and I can
upload them.

Besides, I think you can use your Redhat account to log on to the Wiki
and change the text. If not, it is easy to create an account. all
changes are allowed to this page. It is just as much your page... ;-)

I will post a message to the fudcon-planning page to show we have made
some progress.

Gerard

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Grace Liu <yal at redhat.com> wrote:
> Oh, Sorry for sending it to wrong mail.  I just intent to Gerard.
>
> :-(
>
> Grace
> On 06/20/2011 07:11 PM, Grace Liu wrote:
>> HI, Gerard,
>>
>> I have two pieces of suggestions for you to consider:
>>
>> 1. At the local Mass transit, shall we put the chart of subway as linked
>> doc, with indicating the two possible locations.
>> 2. If you prefer to put more info about hotels, I could help to sort it
>> out such as price,  capacity, internet, etc related info.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Grace
>>
>> On 06/18/2011 11:08 PM, Gerard Braad wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>

>>> Deadline is tight, but I am sure we can make it. Here is some
>>> information about the planning of a possible FUDCon in China.
>>> Currently I put up a page for a bid to host the next FUDCon APAC in
>>> Beijing, China. The page for the bid is available at:
>>>
>>>      https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:China_2011
>>>
>>> This is just short summary of the talk I had with Yu Shao and Grace
>>> Liu from Red Hat Engineering in Beijing. The Raycom office of RH
>>> (Engineering) has shown interest to help out with making this FUDCon
>>> in China possible. Have added Grace to the event owners list.
>>>
>>> Date; November as suggested. Preferred to have it this year, so
>>> continuing with the 2011 bidding process. Currently dates are set for
>>> (11+)12+13 November or (18+)19+20 of November.
>>>
>>> Locations have been quickly discussed; Beijing University of Posts and
>>> Telecommunications has been mentioned as the venue. So two possible
>>> locations are available (all easily reachable by line 10, subway). The
>>> current options available are Renmin University or BUPT. This
>>> information is still not complete, due to ongoing inquiries.
>>>
>>> Raycom office might be available as an alternave location to host
>>> hackfest or other activities.
>>>
>>> Other information needs to be added to finalize the bid page; mostly
>>> price estimates for flights and hotel options.  Please, feel free to
>>> add information about flights to this page. Any help is welcomed,
>>> considering the deadline is next Thursday (the 23rd of June).
>>>
>>> regards,
>>>

>>> Gerard
>>>

> --
>
> Thanks&  best regards,
> Grace Liu
> Raycom Office, Beijing
> Tel: 8610 6260 8260 Fax:8610 6260 8199 Cell: 86 18601269850 www.redhat.com.cn
> Looking to carve out IT costs?
> www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/

Gerard Braad — 吉拉德
   Project-lead Fedora-MIPS
   Regional Mentor for APAC/China, Member of FAmSCo
   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:gbraad