Bid for FUDCon EMEA 2011

Max Spevack mspevack at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 8 21:31:07 UTC 2011

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011, Gerold Kassube wrote:

> mmmmh we're still waiting for a sign from either Max and/or Jared to
> start some action; or let it definitly be ...
>
> Would someone pleaso so kind ?!

I think that both of the bids that exist:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Dublin_2011

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:EMEA_2011_Bid_Budapest

Are really interesting ones, and that they could both be excellent
choices for a FUDCon, either this year or in the future.

Looking back at the archives for this list, I see that Jared initially
announced the FUDCon EMEA bids closing on March 15th.  I'd hope that
perhaps Jared could let this list know what the decision making process
will be at that point, because if the Dublin bid is chosen, time is
already quite tight.

And for the sake of transparency -- I've informed Jared that I
personally don't see any need to be involved in the actual decision
making.  I see myself as providing assistance in the budget and
logistics, but I don't see any need to be part of the final decision
making team for FUDCon locations in different parts of the world.

Once again, I'd like to say that I think both of these bids look great,
and to offer my sincere thanks to Gerold, Fabian, Joerg, and Zoltan.  I
know how difficult it is to organize a FUDCon.

--Max