Bid for FUDCon EMEA 2011

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 9 20:43:04 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I think that both of the bids that exist:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Dublin_2011
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:EMEA_2011_Bid_Budapest
>
> Are really interesting ones, and that they could both be excellent
> choices for a FUDCon, either this year or in the future.

I think they're both really interesting bids as well.  I also keep
hearing rumors that we're going to get a bid for Milan, Italy too.

> Looking back at the archives for this list, I see that Jared initially
> announced the FUDCon EMEA bids closing on March 15th.  I'd hope that
> perhaps Jared could let this list know what the decision making process
> will be at that point, because if the Dublin bid is chosen, time is
> already quite tight.

My idea was to involve the European ambassadors and FAMSCo in the
decision-making process, as they're the ones most directly involved in
the decision.  For FUDCon LATAM, the community came together and
agreed on Panama, so I didn't have to do much decision-making from my
side.

And yes, I'm aware that if we decide on Dublin, then we'll be very
short on time.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader