FUDCon EMEA (Paris), Hotel booking has started!

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 15:09:51 UTC 2012

Seriously? My original message rejected because I am not subscribed? Not
even held for manual inspection? Just plain sent to a sinkhole? Thanks.
So I'm spending time trying to help and that's the reply I get? I'd
suggest looking at the mailing list settings, because they seem medieval
to me.

(10 second pause)
OK. Frustration vented somewhat, but seriously. Ccing list admins to
reconsider the settings. Or perhaps you are receiving tons of spam
otherwise?

Quoting Jaroslav Reznik (2012-06-20 09:56:55)

Right, so Tomas used his impeccable French to write them an email and
ask about this "small" issue. After few back-and-forths the end result
is that we can:
 1. Go to hotel booking site [1] (as linked before)
 2. Set arrvial/departure dates etc
 3. Choose number of rooms/people you are booking for. Obviously works
    best if you fill the rooms (i.e. you will have X number of rooms with
    2 people inside. In any case you don't fill in the names or anything
    like that anyway.
 4. Several options pop up. I didn't play around, but there was one
    option that came to the 81euros/night as was suggested on the wiki
 5. When finalizing the booking you will be required to put in your
    credit card number and expiration date. Apparently they don't charge
    the card until you check-in. It's just for verification purposes.
 6. There is a comment field, so put "Fedora Group" in there.

Rest of the booking process should be fairly straightforward. At least I
*hope* the reservation went well. I received a verification number,
perhaps someone could then verify it went to the Fedora Group :-)

[1] http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-1401-ibis-paris-la-villette-cite-des-sciences-19eme/index.shtml

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>

PGP: 7B087241