games-menus feedback wanted

Michael Thomas wart at kobold.org
Fri Mar 9 19:35:55 UTC 2007

Hans de Goede wrote:
> HI all,
>
> I've been working hard on getting game submenus realised, as atleast 2
> people here wanted them (Tibbs and Wart), and I must say that I'm a bit
> disappointed about the lack of feedback.
>
> So please do a:
> rpm -ivh
> http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/games-menus-0.2-1.fc7.noarch.rpm
>
> Click on your menu goto games and enjoy. Also we should start fixing our
> packages for games which show up in a strange place and start filing
> bugs against other peoples packages, again for more info on how to
> properly use the Categories field see:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-games-list/2007-March/msg00003.html

I've actually been using this for the past week on two separate
machines.  It's _greatly_ improved the usability of the Games menu,
though I had to update a few of my packages to get them located in the
right category.  :)

I'm left with two that I'm not sure how to categorize:

neverball:  This is a 'roll the ball around a maze and avoid the traps'
type of game.  it's not really a board game, so maybe 'logic & puzzles'
would be the best fit?

xpilot:  it's like a multiplayer version of asteroids, on steroids.  It
has the visual appearance of an arcade game, but much more complicated
gameplay.

suggestions on how to best categorize either of these is welcome.

--Mike