Games spin, minor configuration changes

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Oct 2 20:59:25 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been working on getting the games spin through release
> engineering and Fedora Board for approval.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2007-September/msg00082.html
>

> The new process to follow is described in
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/CustomSpins
>
> I have changed the configuration file to inherit the base desktop
> configuration as Jeremy Katz (CC'ed) has suggested to do that before
> getting board approval on this spin.

Good!

> I configuration the repo to point to a local copy of rawhide instead of
> a mirror list and get this
>
> http://pastebin.ca/723478
>
> Pointing to the mirror list does not result in this problem. I would
> appreciate if anyone could test and let me know if this configuration
> works for you.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/GamesLive

Hmm, when first building a test DVD based on the .ks file in the wiki I got a
python backtrace too, updating everything to the latest rawhide versions (I was
already on rawhide) solved this. Alternatively, did you consider that this
might be cause by a partial synced mirror, thus one where the meta data and the
actual packages are out of sync? Maybe a simple retry will make the problem go
away?

Regards,

Hans