Icon for autodownloader?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Oct 4 17:41:19 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> Autodownloader doesn't seem to have a icon. I use a dock like panel and
> it is much nicer and easier to identify apps which has icons associated
> with them.

Erm, autodownloader doesn't have an icon as it is not intended to be directly
invoked, it doesn't have a menu entry either. Instead apps which need files to
be downloaded have a wrapper script which checks if the files are present, and
if not invokes autodownloader and installs the files (under $HOME, so no root
rights are needed). This wrapper scripts gets invoked by a menu entry which
gets installed by the package of the app, using an icon from the app.

I hope that clarifies things.

Regards,

Hans