Notes on games spin

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 21 06:11:42 UTC 2007

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Nicu Buculei wrote:
>>> I would be against this: a Fedora spin is Fedora, so I think it
>>> should have the same look and feel. IMO, it cold have at maximum a
>>> customized version of the default background but still based on the
>>> default background.
>>
>> Well the KDE and GNOME spins of Fedora have already different themes.
>> I don't see why a games spin can't have a separate look and feel too.
>> I am just of the opinion that spins shouldn't be just a collection of
>> packages and shouldn't acquire their own "personality" on some small
>> but highly visible changes.
>
> A derivative looking so different compared with the main distro as
> http://ubuntustudio.org/screenshots is something personally I am not
> interested working on.

Maybe not to such extend but would you be interested in working on a
games flavor of infinity theme instead? I don't have much of an idea how
that would look like though. I have seen games related websites looks
dark and have contrasting colors and you have a taste for that. A basic
desktop background and maybe a slightly different GDM theme can make
quite a difference.

Rahul