[Fedora-haskell-list] Headsup: haskell ghc-7.0.4 going into rawhide

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 10:01:21 UTC 2011

> Just a heads-up that ghc-7.0.4 bugfix release is going into rawhide.
>
> Unfortunately there will be some dependency breakage while
> library packages get rebuilt but hopefully it should only last
> a few days and I expect things should be back to normal again by next
> week.
>
> Once people can help with rebuilding stuff, I will send out an update
> to haskell-devel list.

Ok, sorry for the delay: ghc-7.0.4 is done and ghc-rpm-macros updated for easier bootstrapping.

haskell-platform has been rebuilt and utf8-string too: so it should be possible
to start to rebuilding some other packages.  Please let me know if you are able
to help rebuild your packages or not and also poke me if you need help
with any blocking rebuilding.  I will continue working along on rebuilds also.

For f16 I would like to move to using "BR: ghc-Cabal-devel" (instead of ghc, ghc-doc, ghc-prof)
and also the new ghc_excluded_archs macro that has been added to redhat-rpm-config (currently in rawhide).
I just built cabal2spec-0.23.1 which should be a good reference for the rawhide rebuilds.
I only the new release of cabal2spec might be able to help with filling in @DEPENDENCIES@,
but for now please refer to the current package requires, hackage and .cabal file.

Thanks, Jens