rebuilding newer haskell for EL6

Garrett Mitchener garrett.mitchener at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 14:40:53 UTC 2013

We may be in the same boat and not realize it:  I'm trying to track down a
segfault that appeared when I compiled & ran a previously working
Haskell+GTK program under Fedora 18.  I think there's a bug in how GHC
makes foreign import ccall "wrapper" functions. It appears to be in
versions 7.4 and later.  Something is getting off by 8 bytes, and the
result is a segfault when the wrapper is called.  I see that HsSyck has a
bunch of these in Data/Yaml/Syck.hsc, so maybe we're seeing the same
problem....?

Here's my bug report: