packaging taffybar and problem with dummy package

Ben Boeckel mathstuf at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 17:57:39 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 18:37:25 +0100, Martin Bukatovic wrote:
> It seems that git-annex upstream uses more friently definition of
> network-uri flag which doesn't require dummy package, see:
>
> ~~~
>   if flag(network-uri)
>     Build-Depends: network-uri (>= 2.6), network (>= 2.6)
>   else
>     Build-Depends: network (< 2.6), network (>= 2.0)
> ~~~
>
> So you don't have this problem with git-annex.

Yeah, this seems like a better way to do the network-uri flag.

> On the other hand, I see that network-uri flag is left in it's default True
> state, so I don't understand how it could work with network-2.4 module.

The copr doesn't build for Fedora 22 (IIRC, ghc is too old for some
packages), but it also contains its own network-uri package.

> Btw unrelated question: looking at this patch:
>
> http://copr-dist-git.fedorainfracloud.org/cgit/mathstuf/git-annex/git-annex.git/tree/git-annex-5.20150812-flags.patch
>
> wouldn't be better to use cabal-tweak-flag script instead of patch which
> changes flags? Like this:
>
> ~~~
> %prep
> %setup -q
> /usr/bin/cabal-tweak-flag S3 False
> /usr/bin/cabal-tweak-flag WebDAV False
> /usr/bin/cabal-tweak-flag inotify True
> ~~~

I actually didn't know about this tool :) . I'll have to port it over.
Maintaining that patch is a chore since it conflicts every update.

Thanks,

--Ben