[Fedora-i18n-list] Thai

John Francis Lee jfmxl at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 05:23:44 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have just installed Fedora Core 2 and am wondering how I can use
Thai.

I had redhat 8.0 and had somehow managed to get that working so that I
could type Thai and English in Openoffice documents and generally use
Thai on the machine. Now, apparently the world has changed again.

Where can I read a how to make this work?

I have never really understood how fonts and languages work under
X/Gnome anyway. It seems terribly confusing and there are no general
references that I have  come across. I tried for more than a year to
get the mozilla/firefox/xprint browsers to print Thai with no luck. I
now cannot even seem to get cups to print at all. At least LPRng did
print English.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.