[Fedora-i18n-list] Typing Chinese while keeping the application in English

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 08:29:46 UTC 2004

Hi Daniel,

Tks for your advice.

Login Gnome (language tried : Trad/Simplified Chinese)
> Gedit > Right click > Input Method

"Internet/Intranet Input Method" already selected.
Input method already loaded.  GIMLET applet not found

'Ctrl+Space bar' switching between Pinyin/Canjie and
English.  Chinese input is possible

My problems were

1) If I can't find a Chinese character needed on the
first page I can't switch to another page
(additional/following page).  This happens on all
programs, such as, Kedit, Kmail, Gedit, OOo Writer,
etc.

2) The contents in the Menu/tool-bar on OOo Writer
disappear, if login Trad/Simplified Chinese, leaving
only English characters there (short form
description).  I don't need Chinese menu.  English
menu can serve me.

I don't know how to fix them.  I have another FC2 box
which does not have those problems.  It is quite funny
to me.

I have posted those problems before without response.
Can you help.

TIA

B.R.
Stephen