Why would anyone like to have a Fedora Mirror ?

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 05:23:20 UTC 2008

>  Once you are listed, you will need to have that restriction!!!
>  Otherwise you won't be able to open even a single web page, let alone
>  SMTP. (You will find it out yourself. You need not believe me :))
>  We generally get ~65000 hits a day and over 35 Gbs of transfer even with the
>  restriction. ;)

There is another thing I forgot to mention,
Suppose you don't restrict your traffic, and you have 256 httpd
connection,(default for apache).
So for each user, you assign (theoretically) 2048Kbps/256 = 8 Kbps.
Practically it will be still less :(. So that will slow down the whole
update system of fedora.

This is exactly why we had to limit our connection. :(

Susmit.

ssh
0x86DD170A
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/SusmitShannigrahi