[fedora-india] Re: [Ambassadors] Request to arrange a workshop in Ramakrishna Mission Shilpamandira Computer Centre, Howrah/Kolkata, West Bengal, India.

sankarshan sankarshan at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 21 06:44:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 11:54 AM, sankarshan
<foss.mailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am keeping the contents of the mail intact since I put the
> fedora-india list in cc:
>
> A location (in terms of city etc) would help get other interested speakers etc.

> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Subrata Dey <dey at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> Ramakrishna Mission Shilpamandira Computer Center is interested to arrange a
>> workshop with Fedora on 7th Nov, 2009.
>> They contacted me as a Fedora Ambassador. I had been a student of the
>> institute also.
>> There program schedule is as follows.
>> 1. A brief about Fedora by some Fedora People.
>> 2. A technical discussion about MONO Project & Wine.

Duh ! My mistake. Should have read the $subject more carefully. Would
anyone from Kolkata/Howrah be interested in getting involved in this ?

I am a bit wary about getting into a discussion about Mono and Wine
right after introduction to Fedora. I'd perhaps like to see a bit more
about how to participate in Fedora, talking about the upcoming F12
release before one goes into a discussion around Mono (if at all).

To reiterate, <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Presentations> is the
URL to be bookmarked for presentations. Some idea about the expected
audience might also help interested speakers.

/sankarshan

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>