[fedora-india] Re: [Ambassadors] Request to arrange a workshop in Ramakrishna Mission Shilpamandira Computer Centre, Howrah/Kolkata, West Bengal, India.

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 07:10:43 UTC 2009

>>> Ramakrishna Mission Shilpamandira Computer Center is interested to arrange a
>>> workshop with Fedora on 7th Nov, 2009.

> Duh ! My mistake. Should have read the $subject more carefully. Would
> anyone from Kolkata/Howrah be interested in getting involved in this ?

! :)
Subrata called me a bit earlier.
I can/shall arrange things, though I shall not be able to get down
there personally.

> I am a bit wary about getting into a discussion about Mono and Wine
> right after introduction to Fedora. I'd perhaps like to see a bit more
> about how to participate in Fedora,

And the alternative packages in Fedora to get things done.
After all, everyone is concerned about getting things done at the end.
Subrata, getting the list of packages that they use on a regular basis
would be a good idea.

> talking about the upcoming F12
> release before one goes into a discussion around Mono (if at all).

Yes, if they insist.

> To reiterate, <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Presentations> is the
> URL to be bookmarked for presentations. Some idea about the expected
> audience might also help interested speakers.

True.

Susmit.

ssh
0x86DD170A