[fedora-india] wireless Broadband (reliance and tata )setup - command line howto

ElectroMech electromech at electromech.info
Fri Oct 30 12:04:11 UTC 2009

Hi Mr. Rakesh Pandit,

> I have created small howto to connect wireless broadband Reliance and Tata

> > with command line.
> >
> > So now you can use it with a linux which do not have GUI also.
> >

> http://vglug.info/linux-rhel54-feroda-11-reliance-tata-wireless-broadband-command-line-howto
> >
> [..]
>
> I searched this funda 2 years ago and found enough reference to material.

Before two years really ?? There was no wireless broadband it was only
wireless at lower speed.

> Gone are days when I used to use wvdialconf to generate conf file and
> wvdial to connect to network. (Also do some hack (stupid mode = 1)).
> Times have changed and we have Network Manager since ages now. It
> would make sense to mention that ... but I guess it is so easy to
> configure wireless with Network Manager that you don't really need
> steps.

I agreed with you but perhaps you forget that the GUI is mostly limited for
desktop users, as far as concern us, we do not use much GUI with server or
we do not load at all GUI in almost all server.

As wireless broadband has excellent speed around 3.1MBPS can be user on
server also for some specific application like proxy etc.

That case we do not have NetworkManager ??

We need to configure it with command line.

My purpose is just sharing some information for which I got around 10-12
phone calls.

> --
> Rakesh Pandit
> https://fedoraproject.org/
> freedom, friends, features, first
>
> Thanks

Nilesh Vaghela
ElectroMech
Redhat Channel Partner and Training Partner
404, Maulik arcade, Above Karnavati Pagarakha Bazar,
Nr. Mansi cross Road,
Satellite Rd, Ahmedabad
25, The Emperor, Fatehgunj, Baroda.
www.electromech.info