[fedora-india] Ambassadors in India

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar at gmail.com
Mon May 10 06:20:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Ashwin <ashwin.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a user I started with Redhat 6.0 in the year 2000, presently I use
> both Fedora 12 and 13 (beta as of now).
>
> After having spent a lot of time over the years, in spreading the usage
> of Linux and advocating Free and Open Source Software (but not exactly
> by way of holding seminars or presentations) more by the way of
> innovating the application solutions and hand holding and spoon feeding
> the converts to LINUX, I simply state, keep the ambassadors program as
> it is.
>
> Keep it maintained, by listing people as inactive based on pre-defined
> time lines (reminder emails to renew the active status etc.)

What is the point of maintaining inactive ambassadors in the list? It
is a different thing to keep ambassadors who were active once and are
not as involved now, and a completely different thing for those who
sign up as ambassadors and just don't do anything about it.

> If you really want some yardstick to measure performance of an
> ambassador, then build some monetary / cash rewards and incentives into
> the program.

Why? How would cash rewards serve as a yardstick? If you mean cash
rewards as a means of encouraging volunteers then you're completely
missing the point -- it is called "volunteering" for a reason.

--
Siddhesh Poyarekar
http://siddhesh.in