[fedora-india] Ambassadors in India

Ashwin ashwin.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 10 11:41:33 UTC 2010

On 05/10/2010 04:57 PM, Stephanie Das Gupta wrote:
> <snipped>
>> Check up the meaning of *volunteer* for a change.
>>
> Ashwin,
>
> I did, and you want to see what I found?
>
> –noun
> 1. a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or
> undertaking.
> 2. a person who performs a service willingly and without pay.
>
> –verb (used without object)
> 9. to offer oneself for some service or undertaking.
> 10. to enter service or enlist as a volunteer.
> –verb (used with object)
> 11. to offer (oneself or one's services) for some undertaking or purpose.
> 12. to give, bestow, or perform voluntarily: to volunteer a song.
> 13. to say, tell, or communicate voluntarily: to volunteer an explanation.
>
> Nowhere in this definition, (or any in between that) do I see
> **anything** that says a volunteer is to be paid. In fact, if you look
> at the second option, it says "without pay."
>
> [1] http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/volunteer

I am glad you did. It highlights my point - Is there any accountability
defined here ? Even a slightest of indication of *accountability* ?

A willingness does not mean to hold her/himself in an accountable position.

Maybe you can suggest similarly by checking when to hold some one
accountable.

with Regards,
ASHWIN