[fedora-india] Ambassadors in India

Stephanie Das Gupta stephaniedasgupta at gmail.com
Mon May 10 11:27:30 UTC 2010

<snipped>
> Check up the meaning of *volunteer* for a change.

Ashwin,

I did, and you want to see what I found?

--noun
1. a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or
undertaking.
2. a person who performs a service willingly and without pay.

--verb (used without object)
9. to offer oneself for some service or undertaking.
10. to enter service or enlist as a volunteer.
--verb (used with object)
11. to offer (oneself or one's services) for some undertaking or purpose.
12. to give, bestow, or perform voluntarily: to volunteer a song.
13. to say, tell, or communicate voluntarily: to volunteer an explanation.

Nowhere in this definition, (or any in between that) do I see
**anything** that says a volunteer is to be paid. In fact, if you look
at the second option, it says "without pay."

[1] http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/volunteer

--
~ Stephanie ~