[fedora-india] Ambassadors in India

pavithran pavithran.s at gmail.com
Tue May 11 04:57:55 UTC 2010

On 11 May 2010 10:00, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> Volunteering means taking responsibility. I'm sure you'll agree with
> that. Now, if you volunteer as an Ambassador, who are:
>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors#Who_are_we.3F
>
> and go inactive, you're not taking care of your responsibilities. This
> is what is termed as an "inactive" Ambassador. No one is asking you to
> share your life's status with the public or blog about it. We're asking
> you to send us an email or let the community know when you're not going
> to be around so that your responsibilities can be shared among those who
> *are* available.

Long thread .

@Ashwin :
Ambassador is someone who proudly says ' I am fedora' and feels
responsible . So if you are looking for someone who represents fedora
in noida we could easily check the ambassador list for one .

You have argued a lot about accountability all I say is to contribute
and participate with the community . you will understand what all
others have taken pains to say here .  As your first mail said that
you have just spread fedora/RH at individual place. The best thing
would be to start a community of your local users and organise events
with them . Also check out other LUG's near your place and participate
in LUG meets . I bet you will be overwhelmed by the fact that the
communities are close knit .

Fedora as a project has been giving lot of resources for ambassadors
like server space and also some fedora goodies ( They should encourage
you :P )

Regards,
Pavithran

--