[fedora-india] Fedora For Kids at FOSS.in

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 17:00:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 15:55 +0530, Aditya Patawari wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Recently I met a kid who was aware about Linux and Fedora. He used
> Fedora 13 on my laptop quite smoothly.
>
> With an aim to promote children of the age group 8 - 15, we can build
> a remix which would contain applications more apt to the kids. I
> propose to organise a workshop/workout for the same at FOSS.in. I have
> written my idea at [1] which can be refined a lot. Also I would like
> to have community's opinion regarding the target we should plan to
> achieve and the duration of the workshop, mine is rather ambitious
> one, to roll out the remix by the end of FOSS.in. Obviously there will
> be other contributors to help out newbies so if you have the zeal to
> do something cool, join us and we'll find something for you to do.
>
> Who is in? :-)
>
> [1] : https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FOSSin_2010

Hi,

I will not physically be present at foss.in this year.

If there are tasks that can be done remotely (over the irc and such),
please do let me know.

It would be a good idea to look into packages for kids that are not
included in fedora already and have a packaging sprint too. I can head
the sprint over the irc.

--
Thanks!
Regards,