[fedora-india] Becoming a Fedora package maintainer, easier than ever

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 05:58:52 UTC 2011

On 03/15/2011 11:22 AM, Ashwin wrote:
> I took up "aria2" as the first one in the list of options suggested by
> you. The package already being in the repository, the only choice for me
> was to rebuild for Fedora 14. Which I have done now.

.. which is fine.   It just can't be pushed as an official update.
Useful for learning purposes however.  When the next upstream release of
aria2 happens,  you can prepare the update and I will commit on your
behalf to Rawhide.   I intend to work with a sponsor to get you commit
access after that point.

> *Somewhere* is the actual question I am trying to answer. The wiki
> suggests a space on  fedorapeople.org which needs a sponsor. So till the
> sponsorship issue gets over, is there any other place which generally
> people use (free of cost) which can be suggested ?

You can apply to the fedorabugs group and I can approve you.  That will
give you access to fedorapeople.org