[fedora-india] FUDCON: rescheduling

अभिजित Abhijit abhijit13 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 14:15:21 UTC 2011

Dear Rahul and all concerned,

Here are few suggestions regarding the re-scheduling of events: (w.r.t.
http://fudcon.in/program/fudcon_schedule)

* It would be good to AVOID hackfests in the Auditorium. It is just too big
a place to handle a hands-on event. Let us schedule them in the class
rooms.
* We have 6 class rooms. If that is more than necessary, we can give back
some rooms to the departments.
* The schedule looks very tightly packed with sessions one after another.
If we have more facilities, then for a 1 Hour talk, let us consider a half
an hour break in between for the audience and the speaker to interact with
each other.
* Some of the more popular/important technical talks can have 2 sessions on
2 days. Some of the hackfests can also get repeated.
* We can use one class room as a permanent technical support place where
anyone can go and get technical help.

In addition,
IMPORTANT for us:

The lunch time should be 12 noon to 1 pm.  The current time of 1pm - 2 pm
does not match the students' mess timings.

Prof. Abhijit A.M.
CoEP.