[fedora-india] Need to improve Fedora Hardware compatibilty & Gnome3

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 01:37:39 UTC 2011

On 21 September 2011 22:58, Navdeep Singh Sidhu
<navdeepsingh.sidhu95 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Need to improve locations & organization of application launcher in Gnome
> 3(it is very time consuming to launch an application from start menu).
This is indeed very slow in my desktop too. Sometimes it took 10-15
seconds to point the right icon in the Applications menu. May be I can
add the icon to favourites, but it's not ideal when dealing with less
frequently used applications. The search facility on the workspace is
also slow when compared to F14.

> Stability of Gnome3(I don't know what is the reason behind this but people
> ofen ask me that gnome 3 some time crashes but it is very rare.)
I never experienced a crash, but had a single instance at which the
workspace was frozen for few seconds and the culprit was firefox.

--
Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.
http://libregeek.blogspot.com