[fedora-india] Fedora Activity Day at Pune on 23rd August

Amit Shah amitshah at gmx.net
Tue Aug 12 08:02:04 UTC 2014

On (Tue) 12 Aug 2014 [13:33:02], Huzaifa Sidhpurwala wrote:
> On 08/12/2014 12:50 PM, Amit Shah wrote:

> >> If any one is interested in Fedora security, i can do a short talk and
> >> maybe a workshop/hackfest kind of thing, where we practically work on it.
> >
> > Great, thanks.
> >
> > What could we do as part of the workshop / hackfest?
> >
> > We discussed security in the context of security bug triaging, but it
> > was thought to be too involved a process for a newcomer (i.e. newcomer
> > to the world of security bugs) to come and contribute.  What in
> > security could be a low-hanging-fruit kind of a thing where we
> > introduce concepts to a general audience, and then move on to more
> > advanced topics, while keeping contributions flowing (i.e. not
> > armchair FAD participations, but real participations)?
> >

> Right, so in the end it really depends on the the target audience we get
> (sp. contributors from outside Red Hat etc and this is really applicable
> to any topic/talk/hackfest)
>
> One suggestion would be, we wait till a X date, look at the contributor
> level/interest and then cater our agenda to that, or even ask them what
> they are interested in?

The idea is to keep involvement in Fedora going from the region, and
we have several people who are experts in a few areas, so benefit from
their experience.

Of course, it will also depend on the contributors who turn up and who
are interested.  Let's get it started and see how it goes, I suppose.

		Amit
--
http://log.amitshah.net/