Web torture results

Paulo Santos paulo.banon at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 23 21:49:14 UTC 2006

Hi all,

The PNG link i gave kim0 was just an example of an image. Currently we are
caching all general type of images (gif, jpg, png).
As Ahmed pointed, current version of Moin isn't still html friendly,
hopefully this will be addressed at Moin 1.6.x (our current version is Moin
1.3.4 and our testing was based on Moin 1.5.6).
Moin 1.5.6, still bring alot of improvements, so in my opinion, even though
that Moin html is not cache friendly we should still be thinking in  the
migration. Also as a workaround, we can still create a static website that
with the help of mod_headers, it could be forced to be cached.
Last but not least, let's not forget that this was a local test. A more real
stress test, is still going to be prepared and should include a server
requesting to the future architecture (including load balancer and both
proxies), this will improve even more our ability to deliver the desired
content.

We would like some coments on this tests (past and future), so that we can
improve what needs to be improved. As a final note, i would like all of you
to start testing the future platform[1]. Just play with Moin, and give some
feedback on the WikiMigration page[2].

[1] http://webtest.fedora.redhat.com/wiki
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/WikiMigration

Once again thanks all for the help and feedback...

Paulo