[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Cacti's running

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Mon Jul 3 20:39:19 UTC 2006

> I'd been meaning to add this for a while with Nagios.  Cacti is up and
> running and monitoring some of our servers.  For those that don't know
> Cacti will allow us to get good trending information from the servers.
> We can easily track things like drive space, CPU/Load, and mem usage
> over a period of time (even years if we need to).  It's presently open
> to anyone in the sysadmin group.

Cacti is a pretty versatile tool. I'm very familiar with it, so if you need
to graph custom values, I'd be glad to write some scripts.
I've written some for my job, for example the mail queue, the amount of
incoming and outgoing mails, the level of spams and viruses in it,
statistics for apache, mysql, bind, etc...
It can graph anything (as long as there is a way to get the data)

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
"You do not really understand something unless you can
explain it to your grandmother." -- Albert Einstein