[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Extras SVN setup for testing

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Thu Jul 13 15:50:09 UTC 2006

> Right now the head svn (https://svn.fedoraproject.org/svn/extras/) is
> setup in the following fashion:
> trunk\
> tags\
> branches\

I've tried this repo, thanks for setting it up.
Right now the extras CVS repo is set up in this fashion :
module/
  submodule/
     branch/

"module" being for example "rpms", "owners", "website", etc.., "submodule"
being the rpm name, and "branch" being "FC-5", "devel", etc...
It works fine for me as an extras contributor, why not keeping the same
organization ? What would the new one provide that the old one did not ?
(of course we'll need an additional rpms-tags/ top-level dir)

We should also have a look at the system set-up by /the repo that must not
be named/, who uses svn. It's set up in this fashion :
website/
packages/
  <rpm-name>/
    <distro>/

There also, it's quite similar to what Extras has currently. Works fine.
For more info : http://rpm.livna.org/development.html
(OMG I linked to it ! Curse me !)

If a new classical setup like
trunk/
tags/
branches/
would work better, I'm totally open to it, but are there benefits ? Anything
I overlooked ?

It's nice we'll be able to have fun with ACLs in the next version. Will they
be pluggable into the new package database ? That would rock.

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
If one keeps trying, one successes eventually. Therefore, the more one
fails, the closer one is to success. -- Shadok moto.