[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Database for Account System 2

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sun Jul 16 03:34:09 UTC 2006

On Saturday 15 July 2006 19:01, Jonathan Steffan <jonathansteffan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I would personally love to see LDAP go into action and offer my services
> to help setup and support using Fedora Directory Server. I currently
> have Fedora Directory Server working well with plone and have started to
> work on getting moinmoin to authenticate to the same user directory.
> What other services would need to authenticate to the same user
> directory? I also suspect moving accounts from SQL to LDAP should be
> fairly easy. I could script it using perl. Also, an SQL backend could be
> setup for Fedora Directory Server using plugins.
> (http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Plugins) A brief google search
> turns up no SQL plugins.

I would love to see an LDAP+SQL solution that gives us a familiar SQL backend
with an LDAP client interface.  It might take a little work to make that
happen, but it might well be worth it.  Many of the solutions we are
currently using support LDAP, while many of us are more familiar with SQL and
current Account System services are SQL-enabled.  It seems to me that if we
don't figure out a solution for LDAP+SQL, we'll end up spending a lot of time
making different solutions work with the technology we choose.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/