New member of the community

James T. Richardson, Jr. teknofile at teknofile.net
Thu Nov 30 14:52:00 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I've recently joined the Fedora Community as a contributer and would like
to introduce myself to the list.

Professionally, I am a systems analyst with a Houston based consulting
company. Primarily I work with HPC compute clusters in the Oil & Gas
industry; but our client base truly has a wide variety of endeavors. I've
been working (professionally) with various Red Hat systems since about
1998-ish starting with RH4.x (I think it was 4.2; but that was a long time
ago). The current environments I work in run a range of FC/CentOS/RHEL on
5000+ servers. I am directly involved in the planning, development,
implementation, and maintains of different (proprietary and custom built)
monitoring and alerting solutions and also troubleshooting infrastructure
services for several organizations. Before my current position, I managed
much smaller environments (1-5 Linux servers).

Personally, I am a father of three and geek through and through (I have
the Star Wars Lego sets to prove it :). My wife tolerates my geekness -
sometimes. I've been a Fedora Core user since the first FC release and was
a Red Hat user for many years before that. My desktop of choice is Gnome
and the most used application on my system is probably gnome-terminal.

I think that about covers my 'brief' background. I hope to contribute
great work to the project to help Fedora continue to distribute a great
distribution for the community! Over the next couple weeks, I'll be
looking into the current open bugs to see where I can pitch in to get
things done.

Thanks a lot!

James T. Richardson, Jr.
james at richardsons.us