[Fedora-infrastructure-list] 2 new Dell servers for PHX colo

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Oct 23 16:33:45 UTC 2006

Matt Domsch wrote:
> Two new Dell PowerEdge 2950 servers have shipped to the PHX colo as a
> donation to the infrastructure needs of the Fedora Project.  They
> should arrive shortly.
>
> #1: 2x2.33GHz Intel Xeon 5140 (Woodcrest 4MB) CPUs, dual core + HT
>     8GB
>     4x146GB 10Krpm SAS disks
>
> #2: 2x2.33GHz Intel Xeon 5140 (Woodcrest 4MB) CPUs, dual core + HT
>     4GB
>     5x73GB 15Krpm SAS disks
>
> Use them well!
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Awesome news!  Thanks Matt and Dell.

Hey folks, do you know how many servers have been donated to the Fedora
Project by Dell?  I vaguely recall that some servers went to Duke, and
others are in PHX.

It would be good to post a small note of appreciation to Dell in a
Fedora newsletter somewhere.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com