[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Log Monitoring volunteer

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Fri Sep 8 16:28:35 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 18:08 +0300, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I am a volunteer. I would like to start wetting my hands with a
> priority 2 project. I am interested in the log monitoring project. I'm
> not sure how I can be helpful though, especially that such a project
> does not yet have a project lead! Unfortunately my Internet
> connectivity will be a little flaky during the next 6 days (as I'm
> travelling) nevertheless, I will try to keep a regular eye on the
> mailing list.
>
> Kindly let me know how I can start to get involved (I already have an
> account)
> Thanks and Best Regards

we need two items setup, from my perspective:

1. epylog setup on the syslog server to handle all of our hosts together
2. awstats setup and logs rsync'd over from webservers for web log
analysis.
   - if you need help on this one let me know - there's some easy ways
to make log
     rsync'ing reasonable.

-sv