Account System Design Work (was Re: Infrastructure Design - Look & Feel)

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Fri Feb 16 21:32:41 UTC 2007

Will Woods wrote:
>> I was itching to do a mockup so I decided to focus on the account system
>> for a little bit:
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/LookAndFeel/FedoraAccountSystemUsageNotes
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/LookAndFeel/FedoraAccountSystemUsageNotes?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=account-system-mock_your-account.1.png

> 1) Do we still need somewhere to upload an SSH key, or does the new
> account system eliminate that need?

Well, this mockup is for what I think might be one of the most-common
pages for folks to see in the account system - users that already have
an account logging into their account or clicking on a 'my account'
button somewhere to get an overview of their account.

Would it be useful in this scenario to have a line item for the SSH key
to show that it's uploaded, to view the public key, and let them upload
a new one?

> 2) How would one find the list of other groups to join/apply to? A nav
> item or something?

*Good point* :) I'll have to add that in. :)

> 3) There is no way in *hell* I am approving Gaius Baltar's request to be
> a sponsor.

Heh. I wouldn't either. Starbuck, maybe.

>> * Projects/Groups could set different RSS information feeds, eg feeds of
>> their mailing list(s), feeds of developer blogs/planets, irc bot rss
>> feed :) , anything else really. And on a per project basis this page
>> could display that information, maybe grouped into different categories.
>
> Very yes. I want the QA team to see feeds of packages that need testing,
> bugs that need triaging, etc.
>
> Also - and may be bit off-topic - I'd love for new users to get Mugshot
> accounts along with their bugzilla/wiki/etc. stuff. Once you have
> mugshot membership for all users (and mugshot groups for each group) it
> seems like some of the RSS feed stuff would magically fall into place on
> its own.

Might be worth looking at. I wish I had sat in on the Mugshot talk at
FUDcon.

> That's my two-centibucks worth.

Cool, thanks! :)

~m