Testers needed: mirrormanager

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Wed Mar 14 18:43:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 08:27:35AM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Francois Petillon wrote:
> >Is there any reason why a GPG key ID & a SSH public key are needed to
> >create an account ? Several people here manage the FTP mirrors server
> >and we usually create a single account for mirrors management web
> >interfaces. I could create a "fake" account (ie it would not be an
> >official company account) but it is probably not the right way to
> >solve the problem.
> For the most part people need the ssh key to access cvs though for
> general access I think it should be allowed to be blank.  The GPG key is
> part of our current electronic signature process for the CLA, again
> should be allowed to be blank until the user wants to sign the CLA.
> We're working on writing a new account system we can examine those needs
> again.

As you don't need to sign the CLA, you can choose to send your real
GPG public key (preferred), or you can create a key which you then
don't use.  Likewise for the ssh public key - just create a keypair
that you'll never use.

And yes, folks working on the new account system know this seems odd
and want to take care of it in the next version. :-)

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch