Testers needed: mirrormanager

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 13:27:35 UTC 2007

Francois Petillon wrote:
> Is there any reason why a GPG key ID & a SSH public key are needed to
> create an account ? Several people here manage the FTP mirrors server
> and we usually create a single account for mirrors management web
> interfaces. I could create a "fake" account (ie it would not be an
> official company account) but it is probably not the right way to
> solve the problem.
For the most part people need the ssh key to access cvs though for
general access I think it should be allowed to be blank.  The GPG key is
part of our current electronic signature process for the CLA, again
should be allowed to be blank until the user wants to sign the CLA.
We're working on writing a new account system we can examine those needs
again.

    -Mike