app6 up

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 02:04:35 UTC 2008

Matt Domsch wrote:
> so I'm a little late requesting permission, though I was on IRC during
> the whole "ordeal" :-) so plenty of people had a chance to object.  I
> brought up app6 as a xen guest on telia1.fp.o in Germany.  It's only
> running MM's mirrorlist server right now, but all seems fine and
> dandy.

That's excellent.  I wonder what the latency for requests is from
app6.... (Could make some of the things that J5 is trying to do with
myfedora even harder.)

Of course, we don't have to run apps that myfedora consumes on app6 but
it would be nice to not have to worry about physical geography when an
emergency causes us to need to bring up other applications on a
different app server.

-Toshio