Improving QA test result submission and organization

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Mar 3 19:10:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, James Laska wrote:

> I'm in the process of setting up a private mediawiki+semantic instance
> as a proof of concept.  But a few questions for the infrastructure
> team ...
>
>       * I'm curious if others in fedora-infrastructure@ have experience
>         with the semantic extension?

I personally don't.

>       * Is there a defined process for reviewing mediawiki extensions
>         for the fedoraproject wiki?

Needs to be packaged for Fedora then open a ticket.

>       * Should the semantic performance impact be significant, is
>         hosting a separate Fedora QA mediawiki (with semantic enabled) a
>         possibility?

That is possible, for example we have a smolt wiki seperate from the
normal mediawiki install.  The question of performance is, does it only
impact pages deciding to use semantic or everything?  We have lots of way
to test the actual impact of using it.

	-Mike