FTF (FedoraTalk FAD) IRC Meeting this TUESDAY @ 3 PM EDT (19:00 UTC)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 23:37:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 04:21:43PM -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> Time: 3 PM EDT (19:00 UTC)
> Date: 2009-10-07
                ^^ This Tuesday is 2009-10-06... just confirming.

> Location: #fedora-fad
>
> Thanks for responses from Jared, Jeff, and Paul.  It looks like this
> coming Tuesday at 3 PM EDT is the best time to meet.
>
> I'm hoping we can meet briefly for the next three weeks at this time
> to   have some real time conversations about getting ready for the
> event.  So far we've had some good conversations on the list about
> what version of Asterisk we'll be using so hopefully we can get that
> sorted out soon.
>
> Any other things like this that we can discuss and complete in
> advance will go a long way towards giving us the best shot of coming
> out of the FAD with the best working configuration possible!

Thanks for pointing this out John -- I probably have the most to learn
out of everyone attending!  The more we can get out of the way before
we get together, the more effective we can be starting on Friday.

> To get prepared I've been reading the O'Reilly Asterisk book which
> then led me to wonder what our own setup looks like.  This resulted
> in me joining the Fedora sysadmin group.  So I was glad to have more
> time to get familiar with Fedora's infrastructure environment and
> get setup things like this out of the way now instead of wasting
> half of the first day of the FAD trying to get set up.

John, Jared -- what are the chapters you'd most recommend?  I have the
2nd ed. Asterisk book and am willing to read over the next few weeks.

> If there are other things that we should all be thinking about,
> please send them to the list or add them to the wiki page.  I also
> think we need to come up with a fun

...?