outgoing port block on fedorapeople.org

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Mon Aug 2 19:38:39 UTC 2010

On 02/08/10 20:28, seth vidal wrote:
> Hi,
>   Mike noticed that someone had setup an irc bot running on
> fedorapeople.org talking to an irc channel that was not remotely fedora
> related. Even if it had been fedora-related it's still not something we
> want running fedorapeople.org. I put in an outgoing port reject to
> things bound to 6667. I'll work on a slightly better option soon but I
> wanted to let everyone know about this and ask if there were any other
> suggestions on how to best block this sort of thing.
>
> Thanks,
> -sv

Seth,
there is only one option. Ban the person from fedorapeople, or at least
give them a warning. So many IRCDs have other ports open, so much so
that the DC block the DC I am in, was removed.

There should be a warning on the ssh login, giving a link maybe, as to
what is acceptable on people, if people abuse their privileges they get
suspended, until they explain why and what they were doing.

Regards,
Tristan

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org