yslow website stats

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri Jan 8 18:10:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 11:07:53AM -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, Bert Desmet wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > mmcgrath asked me to collect some statistics about the fedora website.
> > He asked me to use yahoo's yslow.
> > You can find the results here: http://bdesmet.be/upload/finished.pdf
> > yahoo's page with extra information on every test:
> > http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html
> >

> Thanks bert.  I'm wondering how much of these we can do something about
> (the low hanging fruit)

The "Use a CDN" messages all disappear with a config file setting
stating that fp.o _is_ a CDN.

Setting up better expiry times on /static/ and /web/static/ should be
low-hanging fruit.

Adding compression should be low-hanging fruit, but will increase the
CPU needed on the app/proxy servers.

CSS at top, and javascript at the bottom, I can't say, having not
looked at the pages in question.  May be easy.

Rest are opportunistic I'd say.

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO