Infrastructure repo

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 03:40:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 01:47:52PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> In looking at whats in there now, there's a ton of old packages, many
> of which I suspect we are no longer using anywhere at all. Do we want
> to clean this out and move old packages to an archive repo or delete
> them? I guess they are only taking up disk space really...

For things that we're no longer using because there's a newer version in
EPEL/RHEL/etc, we probably want to delete them.  Sometimes we have newer
versions there because we need to deploy some changes immediately and they
need a newer package of a dependency (or we pull a new build from koji
directly instead of waiting for the build to enter EPEL-testing).  Once
those sorts of packages make it into the official repos, we no longer need
to keep the old packages in infra.fp.o

-Toshio