new machines/moves over the next few weeks

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 22:42:16 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 12:39, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I'd like to move guests that are currently on xen10 and xen12 in the
> next few weeks before final freeze. Both these machines are going off
> hardware support soon, so we should get our guests off them.
>
> They currently have:
>
> xen10.phx2.fedoraproject.org:log1:running
> xen10.phx2.fedoraproject.org:memcached2:running
> xen12.phx2.fedoraproject.org:db01:running
>
> For xen10, this week I will look at:
>
> - Nuking log01 in favor of log02 (which is already all setup).
> - Setup a memcached03 box (rhel6) and nuke memcached2.
> - Take down xen10
>
> For xen12 things will be a bit trickier as we need to move db01:
>
> - Setup a db05 (rhel6, etc)
> - dump/restore data to get a idea how long it will take.
> Currently there's a LOT of data on db01, but much of it's stuff we no
> longer care about: transifex, cacti, prelude.
> which we can omit.
> - Schedule outage for around 2011-05-03 or so for insight, wiki, smolt,
>  wordpress, zarafa.
> - Take down xen12.
>
> After F15 release is done, the next machine on the hit parade is xen14:
>
> xen14.phx2.fedoraproject.org:app01:running
> xen14.phx2.fedoraproject.org:puppet01:running
>
> We can probibly do that one without an outage needed.

I was thinking we could add this in so that we could have another kvm box:

xen04.phx2.fedoraproject.org:bapp01:running
xen04.phx2.fedoraproject.org:ns03:running

xen04 has the longest warranty of our systems so should be available for a bit.
xen07  has an extended warranty also into 2012.

> If anyone would like to assist with any of this, or has a better plan
> or ideas, let me know. ;)
>
> kevin

Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren