Schedule for next FAS release

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 00:15:45 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 03:27:24PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 11:13:31 -0800
> Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In an attempt to be a bit more organized about FAS releases, give
> > translators a chance to get their work in, etc, I'm going to propose
> > a schedule for the next Fedora Account System release.
> >

> > January 14, 2012 -- FUDCon hackfest day -- make a prerelease for
> > people to see the process.  Push to stg.

Minor change: This will be Fri, January 13th as that's the first hackfest
day.  I've made this an "Infrastructure as Classroom" hackfest session.
Basically, anyone who is new to making releases of free software or people
who are interested in releasing FAS specifically, can come and watch me cut
a FAS release.  It'll be a pretty intro workshop mostly aimed at people who
have never made a release of free software before and want to see the
(hopefully simple steps) to make a release.

> Sounds like a completely reasonable plan. ;)

Thanks!

Schedule is now up here:
https://fedorahosted.org/fas/wiki/Releasing-0.8.11

-Toshio