Requirements for us using externally hosted services

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 3 23:02:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 16:59 -0600, Adam Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 05:49:19PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > hah - no - much to contrary. The problem is not budget, it's about time
> > resources of the folks who work on fedora infrastructure. We've got too
> > many things to maintain and not enough people.
> >
> > this is about figuring out how to provide the services we need at the
> > support levels we care about and also figuring out what is most
> > important/useful to fedora.
>
> I suppose now is as good a time as any....
>
> I've been lurking this list for probably over a year now and just more
> or less waiting (for what reason I can't really recall anymore) to jump
> in an help. So this is more or less my not-so-formal introduction about
> myself to the infrastructure team.
>
> My name is Adam Miller, I have been a Fedora contributor for over 3
> years now and maintain a handful of packages, as well as help with QA
> work, I am an Ambassador (as much as free time permits), I also help
> with the Fedora Xfce Spin, and I am just generally an all around Fedora
> fanboi. I have a little over 3 years of "professional" (ie - I get a
> paycheck for it) systems administration experience and I am currently a
> Systems Engineer at Dell working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Oracle
> Enterprise Linux on a R&D team. I would like to get involved with the Fedora
> Infrastructure team and would be willing to help almost anywhere that is
> needed (pending the preliminary ramp up time I would need if its a
> system/application I'm not familiar with).
>
> How can I help? Where should I start? :)

At fudcon this last weekend we identified some major items we want to
work on.

They are mostly 'fix all the stuff we have running'

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Cleanup_Tasks_2011

items on that list are a big deal to me. Get them clean, get things
straight, make progresss.

come by #fedora-admin and ping me or ricky or smooge or abadger1999 or
codeblock for help.

-sv