New RFR -- Zanata instance

noriko noriko at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 21 00:18:12 UTC 2011

hi,

Sorry replying after closing the ticket, I was traveling Japan last two
weeks and had no internet connection. Now I like you all involved to
reconsider this RFR.

As Jared pointed, it was clearly agreed to revisit. This offer is great
opportunity for all translators to test new tool which has potential to
be hosted at Fedora ground. And as Mike said, the conversation should
start with translators, so that we will be able to come back. It is best
to have a test instance within fp.o.

Please notice that this RFR is just asking a test, not a move. As
someone refer to the need or the cost (people power or $$), without
testing, translators will not be able to evaluate those whether it is
worth or not. I like you all to remind that it is not zero cost but it
does cost running transifex for Fedora at tx.net as well, manpower of
Infidex.

I have been strong supporter of Transifex, and still am confident that
Transifex is excellent tool for translators in some projects. However
there is no reason to deny other tools because it was just
developed/introduced after Transifex. Most of translators even do not
notice this discussion. I beg you, please give us a chance and let us
discuss ourselves before making any decision somewhere we do not know.
Please do not squash the opportunity for us.

noriko

Ruediger Landmann さんは書きました: