Gathering community feedback...

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:05:53 UTC 2011

> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 12:33:18PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>>> ...snip idea for a website for community feedback...
>>>
>>> Perhaps this would be something good to add to:
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2011
>>> ?
>>>
>>> I don't think infrastructure has resources to build something like
>>> this, but if it was it's own alive project we could look at resources
>>> for hosting an instance.
>>
>> +1 that's a good idea.
>
> Does the infrastructure team agree that they have the
> resources/capacity to host such an instance ? That ACK should be in
> place before putting it on the GSoC idea page.

It depends on what you mean by hosting?

We can provide minimal hosting probably within two weeks of an RFR.
Minimal hosting means setting up a virtual system for it to run on,
working on backup mechanisms for the system to be restorable.

The current main staff would not be able to provide much coding
orintegration support. This would require people who are motivated and
can work on it long term to do so. We would be happy to work such
people through the apprentice program to get it done.

> --
> sankarshan mukhopadhyay
> <http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>

Stephen J Smoogen.